Porcelain Veneers FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions About Teeth Veneers Lowell IN
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a very thin layer of porcelain bonded to teeth to achieve a cosmetic result. They range in thickness from 0.3-1.2 mm (approximately 1/32-1/16 inch). They are made to mimic the desirable size, shape, and shade of the teeth.
What are the advantages of porcelain veneers?
There are multiple advantages for porcelain veneers, but the most important is that they are a less aggressive treatment option and they offer the best results for shade and shape changes. Not all patients are candidates for veneers, and a full dental evaluation must be performed to determine candidacy.
How strong are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are very strong once they are bonded to the teeth, but they are still weaker than natural teeth. Anything that can break a tooth can also break a veneer.
Call our Lowell IN office at Lowell Office Phone Number 219-696-2100 with any questions.
What is the process like? How can I be assured of a predictable, beautiful result?
- The process starts with an evaluation of your dental condition to determine if veneers are a valid option.
- The next step is to obtain a “diagnostic wax-up” from the lab which is the most important step in the process. This step allows you to find out how the final veneers would look before they are done. Most of the time, we can use this diagnostic wax-up step to apply “temporary” composite material to your teeth before we do any work to evaluate the esthetics and function.
- The third step is when you have approved the “wax up” and we move to the preparation of the teeth, taking impressions, placing temporary veneers, and optimizing the esthetic result.
- The fourth step is trying the veneers on inside the mouth and evaluating fit, esthetics, and shade. Once the veneers are approved, the final step is to bond the veneers to the teeth.
- Finally, it is important to follow up after you have the new veneers. Changes can then be done to optimize your bite and function.
How are the veneers applied?
They are bonded to the teeth with a chemical bond that is applied between the tooth structure (mainly enamel) and the veneer porcelain.
My teeth seem too small. How can I enhance my smile?
Any smile can be enhanced by veneers, but not every patient can have veneers. Once we do an evaluation and discover the reason for the short teeth, we determine the right path to predictably correct the problem which can include but is not limited to veneers, periodontal surgery (gum surgery), orthodontic treatment, and full mouth rehabilitation (restoring the existing teeth to desirable size, shape, and shade).
How much is the cost of getting veneers?
Multiple factors determine the cost of the veneers, like how many veneers are needed, the number of changes needed, the material used, and how much artistic input is needed to achieve the esthetic goal. The best way to find out the cost is to call and schedule a consult.
Get the smile you've always wanted!
We are accepting New Patients and always look forward to helping you with all your dental needs.
For more information about Teeth Veneers or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kouri, call our Lowell IN office at (219)-696-2100 or